Milk-fed veal cutlets al limone
- Heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil in a skillet over high heat and quickly brown the veal cutlets on each side.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Prepare a white roux in a saucepan: melt the butter without colouring it and add the flour, stirring constantly. Cook the flour for a few minutes while continuing to stir. The flour is cooked when the mixture is foamy and colourless. Set aside.
- Deglaze the skillet used to cook the meat with the lemon juice to pick up the browned bits. Add the white wine and whisk.
- Add the white roux and whisk again.
- Season to taste.
- Serve cutlets with wilted spinach and white rice.