Fettuccine with meat and zucchini sauce from Stefano Faita
- Bring 8 litres of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Meanwhile, pour olive oil into a 30-cm (12-in.) skillet, add the onion and zucchini, and sauté over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add ground veal or beef and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and let it bubble for about 1 minute to evaporate the alcohol.
- Add the tomatoes and bouillon cube, lower heat to medium, and continue simmering for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the sauce is cooking, slice flesh of the olives away from pits and chop coarsely.
- Add about 45 mL (3 tbsp.) salt to boiling pasta water, add fettucine, and stir until all strands are submerged. Cook until al dente.
- Add olives to meat sauce and cook over medium heat until fettucine is ready.
- When fettucine is done, drain well, toss with sauce and butter, and serve immediately.