Fettucini with brook trout Alfredo sauce
- Cook pasta until al dente in a saucepan of boiling salted water.
- In the meantime, cook the trout in another saucepan in the white wine and thyme for 4 or 5 minutes until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Cut into pieces and set aside.
- Melt butter in another saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Cook, whisking continuously, for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil, whisking until thickened. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan, and chives, and season to taste. Incorporate the pieces of trout and reheat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Serve the trout mixture over fettuccini. Accompany it with a green vegetable like zucchini, Brussel sprouts, or broccoli.