Apple and Oka puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Mix the apples and lemon juice together in a bowl. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry into a 15 cm x 25 cm (6 in. x 10 in.) rectangle. Cut a 1 cm (½ in.) wide strip from all four sides. Brush the rectangle edges with yolk and then place the strips on top, pressing gently to form a raised edge.
- Place dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle on the shallot and tarragon. Season with pepper to taste.
- Cover the dough with rows of alternating pieces of apple and cheese slices.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with remaining yolk, and then bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until pastry is golden.
- Serve the puff pastry hot or warm.