Mushroom-crusted beef tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Soak half of mushrooms in a bowl of water for about 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Season beef with salt and pepper. In a pan, heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of butter over medium-high heat. Sear beef for 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor, pulse the remainder of the mushrooms into a fine powder. Add 150 mL (2/3 cup) of butter and mix until a thick batter forms. Coat beef with batter. Place beef in a baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the centre reads 70°C (160°F). After removing it from the oven, cover with aluminum foil and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In the pan used to sear the meat, melt the rest of the butter over high heat and sauté the shallots and rehydrated mushrooms for 3 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the red wine and reduce the liquid by half. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the veal stock and cream. Add parsley.
- Top beef medallions with the mushroom sauce. Serve with new potatoes and French green beans.