- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, shallots, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the potato mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Stir from time to time while baking.
- Sprinkle with parsley and savory and serve as a side dish with meat or poultry.
Chef's secret: Replace olive oil with duck fat and sprinkle potatoes with 5 mL (1 tsp.) smoked paprika. Garnish with fresh parsley right before serving