- In a large, shallow saucepan or a high-sided skillet, brown the onion and peppers in coconut oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add half the salt.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, and tomato paste.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and
- adjust seasoning, as needed. Reduce heat to low.
- Season the fish fillets with remaining salt and add them to curry sauce. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of fillets. Cover with sauce and set aside.
- Prepare basmati rice or rice vermicelli according to package instructions.
- To serve, garnish dishes with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
No waste: Use tomato paste in a tube or, if using canned tomato paste, freeze the leftovers.
The curry sauce can be prepared ahead of time and gently reheated.
Cook fish right before serving (do not bring to a boil).
To add greens to the menu, blanch some sweet peas or small broccoli florets in salted water to add when serving.