- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Combine all coating ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a flat plate.
- Brush fish with a little oil and season to taste.
- Place fish in coating mixture and press firmly to coat.
- Place fish on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes or until flesh is opaque.
- In the meantime, combine all cumin sauce ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve fish as appetizers at a cocktail reception or dinner, and accompany with baked root vegetables (parsnips, carrots, rutabagas) and lemon wedges.
For absolutely delectable fish, remember that it is cooked when the flesh is slightly opaque but still moist, and flakes easily with a fork. You should avoid cooking fish longer than necessary, as it becomes dry and loses its taste when overcooked.
For dips low in calories and rich in calcium, combine an equal amount of light mayonnaise and plain yogurt, then flavour to taste (e.g., curry and honey, sundried tomatoes and basil, pesto).
Go nuts for walnuts! Not only do they provide protein and omega-3, they add crunch to green salads, stir-fries, pasta, stuffing (e.g., chicken breast stuffed with cheddar, apple and walnuts), etc.