- Combine the five-spice powder, garlic, olive oil, and lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Emulsify using a whisk or a fork. Set aside 60 mL (. cup) of the marinade.
- Add chicken drumsticks to the marinade and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Mix together the reserved marinade and vegetables in a large bowl and then place onto a parchment-lined
- baking sheet.
- Place chicken drumsticks on a second parchmentlined baking sheet.
- Place the two baking sheets in the oven for an hour, turning the drumsticks over and stirring the vegetables every 20 minutes.
- Remove vegetables after 50 minutes and pur.e them in a blender until you have a smooth dipping sauce to serve alongside the drumsticks.
- Serve at cocktail hour or as part of a Halloween buffet... and don't forget the serviettes!
For a quicker version, opt for chicken wings and reduce cooking time by 40 minutes.