- Sauté the onions in oil for 3 to 4 minutes in a saucepan. Add the lamb cubes to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Thoroughly incorporate the flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the white wine, beef bouillon, nutmeg, garlic, bouquet garni and carrots.
- Season to taste and simmer over medium-low heat for 40 minutes.
- Add the beans and peas and cook for another 15 minutes. Remove the bouquet garni. Serve over couscous or pasta.
A bouquet garni is a bundle of aromatic herbs used to season sauces, stews, soups, stock, and other dishes. Wrap a bay leaf, a sprig of thyme, a sprig of parsley, and a few celery leaves in the green part of a leek. Tie the bundle with string, leaving enough at the ends to tie the bundle to the handle of the saucepan.