- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 250 mL (1 cup) of milk on maximum power for 2 minutes. Add 60 mL (¼ cup) maple syrup and stir. In another bowl, whisk together the corn starch and 2 egg yolks, whisking vigorously for about 1 minute, or until corn starch is completely dissolved.
- Gradually add hot milk mixture to egg yolks, whisking constantly. Cook in microwave on medium power 4 minutes, stirring each minute. Set aside maple English cream to cool. Cover and cool completely in the fridge, about 2 hours or overnight.
- Whisk two eggs with remaining milk and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip bread slices in egg and milk mixture until well coated. Cook slices one at a time, about 1 minute per side or until golden.
- Serve 2 slices of French toast with peach and pear wedges. Top with maple English cream and enjoy!
Chef 's secret :
English cream keeps up to 3 days in the fridge. Use it for dessert to top your favourite fruits.