- Beat cream until soft peaks form and set aside.
- In a double boiler, heat egg whites and sugar until a candy thermometer reads 55°C (131°F).
- Beat egg whites and sugar until soft peaks form. Whisk meringue until completely cooled.
- Melt chocolate slowly in a double boiler, heating until a candy thermometer reads 45°C (113°F).
- Add ⅓ of reserved whipped cream with a little melted chocolate meringue, and mix gently, making figure-8s.
- Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream and meringue.
- Transfer into silicone moulds or porcelain ramekins.
- Place in freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Dust with cocoa powder and icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you have any leftover whipped cream, use it on top of the mousse.