- Bring water and coconut milk to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice and salt; cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before adding toasted coconut. Place in the refrigerator to cool. Soak a rice paper wrapper in hot water until pliable. Place on a flat working surface.
- Spoon 60 mL (1/4 cup) rice onto bottom of the wrapper, leaving a space of 2 cm (1 inch) on each side. Add half of the mango and 2 or 3 mint or basil leaves. Roll up wrapper to cover rice and fruit.
- Fold each side toward the middle to close ends, and continue rolling to make a log. Repeat procedure for remaining mango, and then for papaya, to make 2 rolls of each fruit. Refrigerate.
- Place strawberries, raspberries and maple syrup in a blender and purée.
- Reserve. Cut rolls in half just before serving. Serve half a roll of each fruit per person. Dip into the red berry coulis. To toast coconut, heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add coconut and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
: Vary fruit according to season. Replace berry coulis by a spicy chocolate sauce made from dark chocolate with a pinch of Cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Omit mint and basil leaves.