- Spread a clean damp tea towel onto a work surface.
- Rehydrate rice paper following package directions. Then place gently on tea towel and pat softly with another damp tea towel to remove excess water.
- Sprinkle one or two pinches of poppy seeds on the bottom two-thirds of rice paper, leaving a wide-enough edge all around.
- Place two mint leaves horizontally (facing rice paper) at the bottom, spaced apart. Place 4 to 5 strawberry slices in a row above mint leaves; then place 4 clementine wedges in a row above strawberries.
- Place about 6 apple matchsticks and 6 mango matchsticks on top of clementines and strawberries.
- Fold each side of rice paper towards centre; then roll tightly from bottom upwards to secure filling.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 with remaining rice paper. Place finished rolls immediately on a serving dish covered with a damp tea towel, spacing them apart so they don’t stick together, or wrap the rolls individually in plastic wrap. Serve spring rolls with your choice of chocolate fondue for dipping.
Give your imagination free rein to create your own rolls with different fruit. Try pineapple, raspberry, kiwi, blueberries, or grapefruit.
Did you know that Opal apples don’t turn brown when cut and exposed to air? This makes them very practical to keep rolls looking great.
Prepare rolls a few hours ahead of time, wrapping them individually for best results.