- Thaw octopus in cold water for about 20 minutes without removing from vacuum packaging.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place sausage slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 8 minutes, turning halfway through and checking doneness.
- Slices should be crispy and golden brown around the edges. Set aside.
- Once octopus is thawed, pat dry with paper towel. Cut into slices about 1 cm (½ in.) thick. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and fry garlic for a few minutes.
- Add reserved octopus slices and hot pepper flakes and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until octopus is golden brown. Place on a serving platter and garnish with lemon zest and juice, parsley, and ground pepper.
- Add reserved salchichon sausage chips and serve. Crumble a few chips over octopus if desired.
Be sure to thoroughly grill octopus on each side.
There’s no need to add salt to this recipe —the octopus and salchichon sausage give the dish a salty flavour.