- Place the rack in middle of the oven and preheat to 200°C (400°F). Grease a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Soak the raisins in the rum and tepid water. Set aside.
- Remove pumpkin stem. Cut pumpkin in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Place pumpkin halves, cut side down, on a large baking sheet. Roast for about 1 hour or until flesh is tender when pricked with a fork.
- Set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C (350°F).
- Scoop out cooked pumpkin flesh and transfer to a food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, brown sugar, and oil with electric beaters until mixture is foamy. Incorporate 500 mL (2 cups) pumpkin purée.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamy mixture, being careful not to over stir.
- Strain the soaked raisins and reserve the liquid. Add raisins and pecans to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into bundt pan. Bake about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Set cake aside to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan, and then cool at room temperature on a wire rack.
- Combine 45 mL (3 tbsp.) raison soaking liquid and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Incorporate the icing sugar to make a smooth frosting. If necessary, add more soaking liquid 1 mL (¼ tsp.) at a time to frosting.
- Pour or brush the glaze over the cake two or three times, allowing each layer to set before adding the next.
Variation: To enjoy an alcohol-free version of this cake, replace the rum with apple juice.