- Coat the chicken cubes with cornstarch. Combine egg, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat well.
- Heat oil over high heat in a large, non-stick skillet. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until golden and no longer pink inside. Transfer chicken to a plate and reserve.
- Add sesame oil, ginger and green onions to skillet, and cook over medium-high heat for three minutes. Add water, vinegar and sugar. Simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In the meantime, dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce. Add soy sauce mixture, oyster sauce and ketchup to skillet. Allow to simmer for two minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Return the reserved chicken to the skillet and stir to reheat chicken. Serve over basmati rice and garnish with green onion.
*The sesame oil can be replaced by the same amount of toasted sesame seeds.