- In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and basil. Set aside.
- Heat oil over high heat in a non-stick skillet. Add scallops and season with one third of spice mixture. Sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Reserve.
- Add shrimp to the same skillet and season with one third of spice mixture. Sear over high heat for 1 minute on each side. Reserve.
- Sauté garlic, gingerroot, red pepper, broccoli florets, asparagus and snow peas in the same skillet. Season with remaining spice mixture.
- Return scallops and shrimp to pan, stirring delicately to combine. Sprinkle stir-fry with lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a crusty bread and lemon wedges, if desired.
: Vary the seafood by substituting chunks of precooked lobster tail for the shrimp and raw salmon cubes for the scallops.
* To trim asparagus stalk at the right spot, hold at both ends and bend gently. The end will snap off at the best spot.
Best wine pairing
: The perfect match with a medium-bodied white.