Ginger Squash Soup with Pecans
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add leeks, ginger and nutmeg. Cook for 5 minutes or until leeks are tender.
- Add squash and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Remove from heat.
- Reduce to a purée using a regular or hand-held blender. Add milk. Continue blending until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper. Reheat soup if necessary. Garnish each bowl with a drizzle of cream, pecans, and fresh parsley.