- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook gnocchi for about 2 minutes or until they rise to the surface. Drain.
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and fryn the onion. Add white wine and reduce until nearly evaporated. Add cream and bring to boil.
- Add almost all the cheese (reserve a bit to sprinkle on top of pasta) and whisk gently until melted. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, sauté the pepper and well sponged shrimp. Add the cherry tomatoes and asparagus and continue cooking until shrimp turns pink.
- Add drained gnocchi and reserved sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat for a few seconds until it begins to bubble gently.
- Serve right away sprinkled with reserved cheese and garnished with parsley.
- Serve with a green salad.
You can replace the shrimp with chicken or evenlobster meat. You can also add mushrooms or pieces of bacon.