An easy-to-make, elegant appetizer that is perfect for Valentine's Day!
- Heat goat cheese appetizers according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté garlic and hot pepper flakes. Pour in tomato sauce and add dried oregano. Bring sauce to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add corn shoots and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon 60 mL (1/4 cup) tomato sauce onto each serving plate. Top with two appetizers per plate and garnish with corn shoot salad.
- Substitute Parmesan cheese appetizers.
- Sprinkle with diced mango.
- The recipe makes enough sauce for four portions if one appetizer per person is served.