- On a work surface, spread the sushi rice over the entire nori sheet.
- Cut the nori sheet into four equal squares, then cut each square into two equal triangles, for a total of eight triangles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tempura flour and water until smooth and similar in texture to a thick crêpe batter.
- Dip each piece of nori in tempura batter, then coat with Panko breadcrumbs.
- In a pot of oil or a deep fryer at 180°C (350°F), fry pieces of nori for about 2–3 minutes, until golden and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel and set aside.
- In a bowl, prepare the tartare by combining the tuna, mayonnaise, sesame oil, and sea salt.
- Spread the cream cheese over four of the eight fried triangles. Garnish with baby lettuce, tuna tartare, and julienned apple and cabbage.
- Spread the foie gras over the four remaining triangles and close each sandwich.
* Visit IGA.net/sushi for sushi rice directions.