Gourmet Two-Cheese Macaroni
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, crumble the baguette and sprinkle with melted butter. Bake in oven until dried and brown.
- Meanwhile, cook elbow macaroni in a saucepan of boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- In a skillet, sauté the onions and mushrooms in 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of butter. Set aside.
- In a second saucepan, melt 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of butter over medium-high heat. Add flour and cook 1 minute, mixing with a whisk. Add hot milk and wine and continue cooking, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add the macaroni, sautéed vegetables, Ste-Anne cheese, 125 mL (½ cup) Grondines cheese, and paprika, and mix with wooden spoon until cheese has melted. Season to taste.
- Transfer to a baking dish; top with the bread crumbs, parsley, walnuts, and remaining 125 mL (½ cup) of Grondines cheese.
- Broil for about 5 minutes. Serve with a spinach salad.