Gratin of salmon and surimi
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water. Drain well.
- Thaw the frozen salmon on a plate in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce in the same saucepan. Melt butter over medium heat and add the envelope of sauce, beating vigorously with a whisk, and then incorporate the milk. Once the sauce has thickened, add the tomato sauce. Stir until smooth. Season with pepper to taste and set aside.
- Sauté the green onions and cauliflower in an oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the salmon fillets and cook 3 minutes per side or until salmon flakes easily into small pieces. Add the pasta and the vegetable-salmon mixture to the sauce.
- Divide the mixture into four heatproof ramekins. Garnish each ramekin with shredded surimi and then top with three half-slices of Swiss cheese.
- Broil in the oven about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and brown.