Gratinéed bruschetta chicken breasts with spinach
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown.
- Cover chicken with bruschetta and bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until meat is no longer pinkish and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 77°C (170°F). Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add spinach and garlic, and sauté until spinach wilts. Reserve. Garnish chicken breasts with aged cheddar and broil until cheese is golden. Divide spinach equally among plates. Top each plate with a gratinéed chicken breast and serve.
- Accompany with a blend of white and wild rice.
- Vary the cheese for the gratin as you like.
- Substitute a variety of leaf vegetables such as chicory, corn salad (mâche), arugula and watercress for the spinach.