- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Sear lamb cubes for 1 minute per side, working in batches so that cubes do not touch. Remove from saucepan.
- Pour in red wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove browned bits. Let wine reduce by half. Add veal stock, tomato juice, oregano and bay leaves and return lamb cubes to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to low. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add carrots, potatoes and mushrooms.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes. Add green beans and continue cooking for 15 minutes. In the meantime, combine feta cheese, sundried tomatoes and olives in a small bowl.
- Transfer pot-au-feu to a large serving dish and place in the centre of the table. Let guests help themselves and garnish their dish with the feta mixture. Serve with good artisan bread.
- This dish makes a convivial meal, perfect for celebrating Thanksgiving and the harvest!
: For a more economical version, substitute beef cubes for the lamb.