Greek-Style Puff Pastry Triangles with Feta Cheese, Spinach and Dates
- Preheat oven to180°C (350°F).
- Heat oil to medium-high in a large, nonstick pan. Add onion and fry for 2 minutes or until translucent. Reduce heat to medium. Add spinach, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until wilted. Work in batches if necessary.
- Remove from heat. Add parsley and 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of milk. Combine and let cool. Add feta cheese, lemon zest, dates and eggs. Pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter with remaining milk. Place a sheet of phyllo pastry on a flat work surface. Brush both sides with melted butter, then layer with a second sheet. Brush again with butter. Add two more sheets, brushing with butter after each addition. Cut stack of phyllo pastry sheets in half lengthwise. Place one-quarter of filling at one end of each pastry strip. Starting from the corner, fold each strip over into a triangle and firmly seal in filling.
- Repeat folding until you reach the end of the strip (follow instructions on Compliments phyllo pastry box). Repeat with remaining phyllo pastry sheets to make two more puff pastries. Place puff pastries on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake on middle rack for about 25 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Serve with olives and a legume salad.