- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place 30 mL (2 tbsp.) honey and the sherry vinegar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture is reduced by half and syrupy. Cover and reserve.
- Stir together pecans and remaining honey in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Place on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until pecans are crunchy and lightly toasted. Allow to cool and then chop coarsely. Reserve. Wash rapini and Swiss chard well under running water.
- Cut the ends off the stems (about 2 cm or 3/4 inch) and then halve lengthwise.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook rapini for 1 minute before adding Swiss chard; continue cooking for another minute. Drain vegetables well and reserve. Heat butter in the same saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add rapini and chard and Swiss cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are hot.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate. Add apricots, cranberries, pecans and sherry vinegar reduction.
- Season with salt to taste. Serve as a side dish with roast lamb or veal.
Variation: Replace apricots and cranberries by 75 mL (1/3 cup) of thinly sliced sundried tomatoes and 30 mL (2 tbsp.) lemon zest, and substitute pine nuts for pecans. Garnish with shavings of Parmesan cheese when serving.