- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and sugar.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla to the wet mixture. Beat vigorously.
- Add the dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with the grated carrots.
- Pour the batter into two bread pans.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until a toothpick in the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Beat the cheese and cream together until smooth.
- Add the honey and vanilla. Set aside.
- Beat the first 4 ingredients until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a large drip pan or dish, ensuring the liquid is no more than 1-cm high.
- Put in the freezer for 1 hour or until the mixture is half frozen.
- Pour into a food processor, add the egg white, and beat until smooth. Do not over mix or the mixture will melt.
- Set aside in the freezer.
- Cut 2 slices of cake, 1.5 cm thick each.
- Spread a thick layer of cream cheese frosting onto one slice, then top with the other slice.
- Caramelize in a non-stick pan, coated or not in melted butter and a little sugar.
- Place the hot sandwich onto a plate, top with a generous scoop of pineapple salad and a small scoop of sorbet.
For this recipe, it is best to work with honey that is very liquefied. To do this, you can put the honey in the microwave for 5 to 10 seconds at power level 8, or put the honey jar in hot water for 10 minutes.