Grilled asian tuna and filet mignon from Stefano Faita
GRILLED ASIAN TUNA AND FILET MIGNON
- Place tuna steaks or filet mignon steaks in shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and mirin.
- Pour marinade over the tuna or filet mignon and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight for increased flavour.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Remove tuna or beef from marinade and let stand at room temp for 20 to 30 minutes. Set marinade aside.
- Brush both sides of tuna or beef with a little olive oil and place on the grill.
- Grill tuna steaks 2 or 3 minutes per side or until desired doneness, and the filet mignon steaks for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness, brushing occasionally with remaining marinade
- Transfer tuna or beef to plate, cover with foil wrap, and let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with grilled asparagus!
- Heat BBQ to medium-high.
- Divide asparagus into 4 bunches of 6 each.
- Align each bunch in a flat row and thread 2 skewers crosswise through each bunch.
- Brush asparagus with oil and season with salt.
- Grill asparagus 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, until tender.