- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Place asparagus on a sheet of aluminum foil or a barbecue grilling sheet.
- Drizzle 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of vinaigrette over asparagus.
- Grill asparagus until tender but still crunchy, for 3 to 5 minutes depending on size, turning often and brushing with 15 mL (1 tbsp.) vinaigrette.
- Transfer to a serving dish, add remaining vinaigrette, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
It’s easy to make your own sesame vinaigrette! Combine 125 mL (½ cup) of olive oil, 60 mL (¼ cup) of rice vinegar, 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of sugar, 15–30 mL (1–2 tbsp.) of sesame oil, 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of reduced-sodium soy sauce, and 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of sesame seeds. Save any leftover vinaigrette for a salad or a rice dish.