Grilled avocado with cilantro-jalapeño vinaigrette
- Preheat the barbecue to low.
- Do not peel avocadoes. Slice each in half lengthwise. Remove and discard pits. Set aside.
- Place the jalapeños, cilantro, 125 mL (½ cup) olive oil, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Set aside.
- Brush avocado halves with remaining olive oil and then place them cut-side down on the grill. Close lid and grill until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Turn avocados right-side up and top with cheese. Increase barbecue heat to medium. Close lid and cook until the cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. (Grill another 1 to 2 minutes if you prefer the cheese golden and bubbly.)
- Place each avocado half in a bowl, drizzle generously with reserved vinaigrette, and serve.