- Preheat the barbecue on high and oil the grills.
- In a large bowl, mix 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of olive oil, lemon zest and juice, shallot, green onions, Dijon mustard, basil, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the broccoli stalk at a length of roughly 5 cm (2 in.). Try to keep part of the stalk intact, which will make it easier to handle on the barbecue. Cut the head lengthwise to create florets.
- Place the broccoli florets in a bowl and drizzle the remaining 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Lower the barbecue to a medium-low heat and grill the broccoli for 10-12 minutes, turning them regularly. For the final step, grill the Haloumi around 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the grilled broccoli in the dressing bowl and mix well. Place the grilled broccoli on a large serving dish and top with Haloumi cheese. Pour on the remaining dressing and serve.
The broccoli will be extra-crunchy. If you prefer your broccoli softer, blanch for 3 minutes and dry off using a paper towel before grilling it on the barbecue. This step can be done in advance.