- Preheat the barbecue to medium.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, dill, pink pepper, celery seeds, and salt. Set aside.
- Remove the brownish parts from the outside of the fennel bulbs with a peeler. Cut the stems and finely slice the bulbs, taking care to keep the heart intact to prevent the bulb from falling apart.
- Place the sliced fennel onto the barbecue and baste with the flavoured oil. Grill until tender, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Place in an eye-catching serving plate and drizzle with the excess oil.
*Chef’s tip: If you do not have a mortar and pestle, you can crush the pink peppercorns by placing them in a small plastic bag and using a rolling pin.