- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, stir together peaches, pears, plums, strawberries, brown sugar and ginger. Place a large double sheet of aluminum foil, oiled, on the barbecue grill, and lay fruit on top. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the fruit is lightly grilled and caramelized. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Place cake slices directly on the barbecue rack and grill for about 1 minute on each side, creating cross-hatching with grill marks.
- Place each slice of cake on a plate and garnish with grilled fruit and vanilla yogurt.
- Serve with a dessert wine or even a glass of milk.
VARIATION: For flavour from here at home, replace the brown sugar by 30 mL (2 tablespoons) maple syrup and garnish dessert with maple yogurt.