Grilled koftas with lemon and mint
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium-high. In a large bowl, mix lamb, eggs, onion, garlic, mint, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Place a sheet of foil onto grill to cover most of surface.
- SHAPE lamb mixture into equal sausage-shaped logs (it should make 6 koftas of 18 cm (7 in./). Push a skewer through the length of each kofta, squeezing to compact around skewer.
- BRUSH foil with oil. Reduce barbecue to medium and place skewers on foil to cook, 2 to 3 min. on each of the 4 sides.
- MEANWHILE, wrap pita in foil and place on upper rack to warm through, 1 to 2 min.
- SLIDE each kofta off skewer into a pita. Garnish with lettuce, tzatziki, cucumber, and red pepper.