Grilled lemongrass-peanut chicken legs from Christian Bégin
- Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients except the chicken legs, green onions, and peanuts.
- Pour marinade into airtight container and add chicken legs.
- Be sure all the meat is coated with marinade.
- Marinate in fridge for 3 or 4 hours or, for maximum flavour, overnight.
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Grill chicken legs directly on barbecue grill until nicely browned.
- Next, turn off one burner and continue cooking over indirect heat with the lid closed for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 77°C (171°F).
- Drizzle chicken while it cooks with any remaining marinade.
- Turn chicken legs over every 10 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle chicken legs with green onion and peanuts.
- Accompany with rice vermicelli, white rice, or Israeli couscous.
MANGO AND RED ONION SALAD
- Place all ingredients in a salad bowl, toss, and serve.