Grilled sausages and super fast sauerkraut from Stefano Faita
Super fast sauerkraut
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry onion and garlic about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage, caraway seeds, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add apple and cook 1 or 2 minutes. Add whole grain mustard, honey, beer, broth, and cider vinegar. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until all liquid has evaporated, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Reduce heat to medium. Grill sausages, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Place sausages in buns. Top with sauerkraut.
- Garnish with dill pickle, grilled peppers, hot peppers, and mustard of your choice.