- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, and lime juice. Transfer marinade to a large airtight plastic bag.
- Slice tofu vertically into eight squares and pat dry with paper towel. Slice squares into strips, then place in bag with marinade. Seal bag and shake to coat tofu with marinade. Let marinate in fridge at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil, and add rice vermicelli. Boil for 1 minute, then drain and rinse in cold water. Pat dry as needed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and fry tofu strips for 2 minutes per side or until golden. Set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and quickly immerse rice paper to soften it. Place paper on a work surface and place an eighth of carrots, beets, cabbage, red pepper, cucumber, and cilantro or mint in centre of paper. Repeat with remaining rice paper and fillings.
- To make a roll, fold the nearest edge of the rice paper over the filling and roll tightly to centre of paper. Fold sides of paper into centre, then continue to roll paper up to make a roll. Repeat with other rice paper and fillings.
Save time by buying pre-grated carrots and beets in the produce department.