- In a bowl, combine oil, 30 mL (2 tablespoons) maple syrup, 30 mL (2 tablespoons) balsamic vinegar and 15 mL (1 tablespoon) thyme. Reserve.
- Using a wooden skewer, prick tomatoes so that they soak up marinade. Place tomatoes, honeydew melon and cantaloupe in the marinade. Stir and allow to sit for 1 hour in the fridge.
- In the meantime, soak 8 wooden skewers in water. Reserve.
- Pour remaining maple syrup and balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture is syrupy and reduced by two-thirds. Reserve.
- Thread a cherry tomato, a honeydew cube, another tomato and a cantaloupe cube onto a skewer, and end with another tomato. Repeat for the other skewers.
- Heat barbecue grill to medium heat. Cook skewers for about 2 minutes on each side, or until fruit is hot but still firm.
- Serve by spooning balsamic vinegar syrup over skewers and sprinkling with fresh thyme. Serve with grilled fish.
VARIATION: For a change of flavours, replace maple syrup by honey, and balsamic vinegar by white wine vinegar.