- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place all vegetables on two baking sheets. Sprinkle with oil and Provence herbs. Season to taste.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are slightly soft and grilled.
- Start to assemble lasagna in a rectangular 2.8 L baking dish, placing squash on the bottom and adding onions on top.
- Top with ricotta cheese, using a spatula to spread it if required. Continue by adding peppers and fennel.
- Pour in sauce and sprinkle with basil leaves. Finish with a layer of eggplant.
- Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden.
To boost the flavour of grilled vegetables, combine them first with garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar and your choice of dried herbs (e.g., thyme, oregano and basil). Use them in lasagna, sandwiches, salads or as a simple side dish.