Grilled vegetable salad with lemon and shredded buffalo-style turkey
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, potatoes, fennel, and onion. Drizzle with 45 mL (3 tbsp.) of oil and sprinkle with half the grilled spice mixture. Season with salt to taste. Mix until vegetables are well coated with spices. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for one hour.
- Drain vegetables and reserve marinating oil. Place vegetables on barbecue grill and cook for two to three minutes on each side until grilled, but not burnt. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 30 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Periodically turn and baste vegetables with reserved oil while grilling.
- In the meantime, fry the shredded turkey slices with the remaining grilled spices in a skillet on the barbecue. Set aside.
- Transfer vegetables to a large serving plate, sprinkle with lemon zest, drizzle with lemon juice, and toss together. Scatter the shredded turkey over top and garnish with fresh coriander.