- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan; sauté garlic, onion, hot pepper, ground nuts and spices.
- Add hen pieces and cook for a few minutes, allowing to brown.
- Remove guinea fowl from pan and place pieces on a broiler pan. Continue cooking in the oven 180°C (350°F) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Pour tinned tomatoes and chicken broth into pan with onion and pepper mixture. Cover and let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Season to taste.
- Transfer sauce to blender and purée to obtain a smoother texture. Return sauce to pan and stir in chocolate squares and cheese. Adjust seasoning; simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve guinea fowl and sauce with a rice and bean dish and a green vegetable.
Aide-gourmet tip: Replace guinea fowl by chicken pieces. Replace goat cheese by another soft cheese