“Guy” steaks and potatoes
- Coat steaks with spices and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Be sure to remove steaks from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking to bring them to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat barbecue to medium-high.
- Fry lardoons in a skillet until crispy. Set aside.
- Pour lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, and HP sauce into a small bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Place potatoes, garlic, onion, and leek in a large bowl.
- Incorporate the reserved liquid mixture. Mix well.
- Place a long sheet of aluminum foil on work surface.
- Place potato mixture on top and add lardoons.
- Close foil to form a packet. Cook on barbecue over indirect heat for at least 1 hour.
- At the right moment, grill steaks to desired doneness.
- Place each steak on a plate. Open potato packet and garnish with fresh sage and grated sharp cheddar. Place packet directly on the table for serving.
- Accompany steak with a simple arugula salad drizzled with vinaigrette made of oil, lemon juice, white balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.