Halibut Fillets with White Wine Saffron Sauce over Mixed Citrus Salad
Mixed Citrus Salad
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
White Wine Saffron Sauce
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter, then sauté the shallots with the saffron and paprika.
- Add wine, bring to a boil, and reduce to about 125 mL (½ cup) of liquid.
- Add fish stock, bring to a boil, and reduce to about 125 mL (½ cup) of liquid.
- Add cream, bring to a boil, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat and quickly sear fillets on each side.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 4 minutes.