Ham and cheese baguette from Josée di Stasio
- Cut the two ends off the baguette.
- Using a bread knife, slice baguette in half lengthwise. You can also cut baguette into 3 or 4 sandwiches now. If using a regular baguette, remove a little dough from the inside.
- Spread one baguette half with butter and the other with old-fashioned mustard.
- Place brie slices on baguette half. Top with the apple slices.
- Drizzle maple syrup along entire length of baguette, and balsamic vinegar too if using.
- Add slices of ham and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add lettuce leaves. Top with other baguette half.
- Cut baguette into 3 or 4 servings and serve with green salad.