- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and reserve. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add onion, sweet pepper and celery.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked but still a little crunchy. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring. Pour in milk gradually, stirring constantly; cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Add nutmeg, mustard, potatoes and ham. Combine. Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Place six slices of bread on a work surface and fl atten with a rolling pin.
- Butter both sides of bread and press into giant muffin cups or into bowls 9 cm (3 1/2 inches) in diameter.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until bread is toasted and crusty Spoon 125 mL (1/2 cup) of the ham mixture into each bread cup.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Served with a grated carrot salad.
Tip: For Sunday brunch, mould bread in regular muffin tins. The bread cups can be prepared the day before and stored in an airtight container.