Hearty nachos from Christian Bégin
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and then brown the chopped onion.
- Add ground meat. Season to taste.
- Fry until meat is well cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Spread out the corn chips on a large baking sheet. Top with the other ingredients (except the sour cream and maple syrup), finishing with the cheese.
- Place in the oven on the centre rack and bake for 13 minutes. Set the oven to broil and continue cooking for about 2 minutes, watching to make sure nachos don't burn.
- Just before serving, garnish with scattered dollops of sour cream and drizzle on a little maple syrup.