- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until very light in texture, about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and continue beating until sugar is completely combined, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine flour and cornstarch in a separate large bowl. Add to butter mixture and mix with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Place balls of dough by heaping tablespoon (15 mL) on prepared baking sheets 5 cm (2 in.) apart. Press down with a fork.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bottoms are lightly golden. Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies once they are cooled. Scatter sprinkles over melted chocolate.
To melt chocolate, microwave in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring between each interval, or place in a heat proof bowl over boiling water stirring constantly over low heat until melted.
This recipe is courtesy of Robin Hood.