- Preheat the oven to 160°C (300°F).
- Combine the oats, wheat germ, flaxseed, coconut, almonds, and pumpkin seeds in a bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix together the oil, maple syrup, spices, and almond extract.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together to moisten the oats.
- Spread the mixture out to cover one or two baking sheets.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Keep your eye on it so it doesn't get too brown.
- Set aside to cool so it dries and the granola becomes crunchy. Add the cranberries, mix, and store in an airtight container.
Remove granola from the oven when golden brown. It will become crunchy as it cools.
For lots of varieties, change up the nuts (walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, etc.), dried fruit (apricots, dates, raisins, etc.), and spices (cardamom, nutmeg, vanilla extract, or coconut). Delicious served with milk, in yogurt, or as an ice cream topping.